Sunday, December 19, 2010

Babies

Today I am grateful for babies. I got to spend some time over at Cherri's house last night and got to play with Paisley. She is 7 months old and just a doll! She is easy to smile and laugh and is fun to play with. In some of the discussion a friend told of a study done on babies. It goes something like this... Babies were put on one side of a room and the mothers on the other side. The floor was glass and if you didn't know it would trick you into thinking that if you took one step you could fall onto a cement floor. The baby was beckoned by the mother to come to her and if she had a happy face then the baby would come if she had a concerned or scared face the baby could read that emotion and would stop. The more I am around and learn about babies the more I understand why Heavenly Father would ask me to be like them. If I could be as sensitive to the Spirit as a baby is to it's mother I could stay out of danger very easily. If I could easily forgive and get up and try again like a baby I could get a lot done and be so much happier! Anything is possible to a baby. They don't doubt but have complete faith. I am grateful I can learn from babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment