Friday, December 17, 2010

Music

I am grateful for music. I was able to spend an evening with my dearest friend Stuart last night and he told me something that was quite amazing. He works with people with disabilities and currently he works with a client who can't talk and is usually not in a good mood, but yesterday Stuart made him so happy. Stuart brought his guitar and played and sang to this client. That is so powerful! The impact music can have on a person is amazing. Do I understand that power? In the family email this past week Mother said how she was so touched with Shayla for singing hymns to her daughters as they go to sleep. Music is so wonderful. There is something about music that even if you don't understand the lyrics you can still love it. It touches the spirit in a way that nothing else can. Music is special and can make the spirit connect with our Heavenly Father and our Savior. I love music and I am so grateful to have it around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment