Monday, December 20, 2010

Scriptures

I know that this is another cliche thing to write about but I can't get over how true it is. Today has been very interesting. I have spent a lot of time listening and asking questions and talking to different family members about controversial topics. Christmas time is a time for joy and love. A time were I can remember why Christ came and why I need him. Yesterday I watched Mr.Kruger's Christmas and was amazed at how Mr.Kruger understood where he received his strength. Today I spent a while in my scriptures, and specifically in Mosiah. There were two chapters especially that was directly connected and talked about the Atonement. In chapter 14 verse 6 it says "All... have gone astray;" Isn't that the truth. All of us sin and all of us need the Atonement. Lately I have come to realize how powerful forgiveness is, and how hard it can be to not judge others. Sometimes I think it is easy to look at a situation and say 'this is what they should have done' or 'I can't believe they did that' but really none of us can know what that person was feeling or thinking when they acted a certain way. If someone has wronged me what needs to happen? Turning to the scriptures it gives me the answer. Verse 5 says "and with his stripes we are healed." What else is there? Vengeance is not the answer. I can't get even or make it right. Only the Savoir can do that. So how can I feel better? I turn to the Savoir, apply the Atonement of Christ. Remember the miracle of his birth and be grateful that I can read it in my scriptures. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment