Monday, December 13, 2010

Gratitude Journal

Well I haven't written in ages and I was challenged to keep a gratitude journal and share it with my family. So this is it and you are all welcome to read it and know what I am grateful for.

Today I am grateful for friends and family. I know this is super cliche but I can't get over the feelings of gratitude I have for the people I have in my life. At work, school, church, and home, I am so blessed! At work I have the best people around me that I know care about me. They are interested in how I am doing, what I am doing and who I am dating. They are always around to lift my spirits and make me smile. I love them! I have made some incredible friends in my classes too this year. I made a goal to meet those around me and to try to remember their names and it has really made a difference. When Tony broke up with me I know that the friends I had in my classes made it so much better. I am so grateful for them. At church I have the best leaders ever! The bishop and his councilors are really great leaders. I love going to church. My co-chair to my calling has been great as well and so easy and fun to work with. Home is the best place on earth! I have so many wonderful homes. Mom and Dad are wonderful and we have tried together to make sure we are communicating our love and appreciation to each other. I know I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents that have taught me the power of a marriage. Grandma and Grandpa are both the apple of my eye and I can't stand to think of not visiting them often. I always leave their home feeling like everything will be okay and no matter what happen I will come out on top.

My siblings are the best ever! Cynthia is alway there to listen and be supportive. She cares about me and would rather go without than cause me any hurt feelings or stress. She is always thinking of how she can help me! Carla is so full of serving me and helping me that it is really hard to live up to. She will take me to dinner and give me all her undivided attention. She knows what I need and how to obtain it. I give her full credit on my current major and know she was inspired to encourage me to do that. Joseph is so patient with me. We have so much to talk about and I am so new in all this discussion he is good to explain and help me see another view. Jenn is wonderful! I don't remember life without her and appreciate all that she does for me. She is so good to listen to my dramas and give me sound feedback (which is nice after talking to Joseph). Shayla is so sincere and I know that even if I just get 2 minutes on the phone it meant a lot to her. I do miss her and the sweet Foley family but I know they are happy and this is where they need to be right now. Melanie and I have gotten a lot closer the past year and I can't express all that I feel. She has been so supportive and good to me. She makes me feel important and loved. She helps me make good decisions and will make sure I see another perspective. She is patient too. I am up and down all the time and she just rides it through.

I am grateful for the people in my life! They are Heavenly Father's gift to me! Thank you for being there for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment